Note: Due to the COVID19 pandemic, SCS2022 will be held virtually. Nevertheless, we are pleased to inform you that we are still offering fellowships to help students attend SCS2022! These fellowships are made possible by the kind support of our sponsors.
We offer two types of fellowships:
- SCS2022 registration fellowship: all participants who have submitted an abstract to SCS2022 are eligible to apply for a SCS2022 registration fellowship.
- Remote participation fellowships are being offered to all participants who have demonstrable financial barriers to remote attendance in SCS2022 (abstract submission not necessary). The remote participation fellowship will be a fixed amount of money. We ask awardees to write a blogpost about their symposium experience after the event. The fellowship recipients are required to provide copies of relevant receipts (such as conference registration, purchase of remote-attendance resources) to organizers shortly after the symposium, when the reimbursement will be processed.
- Applying for a fellowship does not guarantee that you will receive funding. All applications will be peer reviewed.
- If you require a fellowship to attend the symposium, please do not register before you have been notified that your application has been approved. You will receive a registration code when granted the fellowship.
- Fellowship funding may only cover your (all or part of) expenses for SCS2022 (for example, registration fees, purchasing a mobile data bundle to be able to attend the symposium). These fellowships cannot cover any ISMB2022 expenses.
- You do not need to be registered for SCS2022 as a member of the International Society for Computational Biology (ISCB) to be reimbursed.
If you are awarded a fellowship by ISMB2022 your application for the Student Council Travel Fellowship will be automatically withdrawn.
1. SCS registration fellowship
This fellowship provides awardee with free registration to SCS2022. To be eligible for an SCS registration fellowship, you must:
- Submit an abstract to SCS2022
- Be a presenting author (poster/talk)
- Be associated with a university or a research institute as a student, PhD student or Post-doctoral researcher
2. Remote participation fellowship
This fellowship provides awardee with funding support to facilitate remote participation in SCS proceedings. This includes expenses such as high-speed internet, internet cafe access, and headsets ($100 USD maximum).
To be eligible for an SCS remote participation fellowship, you must have demonstrated financial need. Preference will be given to participants from low-income countries and participants who have been invited to present their work (poster/talk) at SCS 2022. Remote participation fellowship applications will be automatically considered for the registration fellowship as well.
How to apply
To apply for SCS fellowships send us an email with the documents listed below attached as a single PDF file to email@example.com, before June the 12th, 2022 at 11:59 PM (any time zone):
If applying for the registration fellowship only:
Send the following documents, with the subject "SURNAME-FIRSTNAME - SCS2022 RegisterFellow APPLICATION":
- Easy Chair abstract ID and title of your submitted abstract
- Your curriculum vitae (CV)
- A motivation letter explaining why it is important for you to attend the symposium
Remote participation fellowship :
Send the following documents, with the subject "SURNAME-FIRSTNAME - SCS2022 RemoteFellow APPLICATION”:
- Your curriculum vitae (CV)
- A motivation letter explaining why it is important for you to attend the symposium, your financial circumstances, and why you need additional financial assistance to attend SCS 2022 virtually. (max 250 words)
- Enumerate all other sources of financial assistance available to you.
- Easy Chair abstract ID and title of your submitted abstract (optional, if you would like to be considered for the registration fellowship as well)
Please check the "FAQ" section of this website to see answers to frequently asked questions.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you require further information.